Thursday 11 September 2008

Puddlesuit success!

It's raining here (again). Good job we went out last weekend and bought Hannah a "puddlesuit" from Mothercare. It's like a waterproof bright pink hooded romper suit with long legs and sleeves. Obviously at the first sign of rain this week I put her in it and let her out to play on the patio! She didn't like having the hood up though - will post a picture as soon as I've got it off my phone. When it wasn't raining I gave her a couple of sticks of chalk to draw on the patio with, unfortunately she thought they would make a lovely snack and promptly ate them, or at least tried to. She wandered back in the kitchen looking very pleased with herself and with a distinct blue-green tinge about the chops.

Today before bed Hannah put her toys away herself, too. She brought them over to her toybox when I asked her, and we put them inside and said goodnight to them. It took ages, especially since all her wooden blocks were out on the floor and she would only pick them up one at a time to put them in their bag. But it saves me a job after she's in bed, so we'll persevere and I'm sure she'll get quicker eventually. Mum/Jo: no JCBs were involved!

Eating wise she's been having lots of blueberry wheats, then for lunch yesterday we ate hastily prepared toast - Hannah had peanut butter on hers before we dashed out to playgroup. Dinner wasn't much better, she had toast again but this time it was covered in spaghetti hoops. And needless to say, so was Hannah by the end of the meal!

Today it was blueberry wheats for breakfast again, and this time there was a nut cutlet and some pasta with creme fraiche and pepper for lunch. I wasn't sure whether Hannah would like the pasta or not, since I put a fair amount of pepper with it, but she pounced on it and ate loads - in fact only one lonely twist was dropped. I offered her a fromage frais for pudding, but she wasn't that fussed and only ate about 2/3 of it.

For dinner I gave her a peach and two halves of pear to start with, then two slices of eggy bread for afters - one spread with raspberry jam. Yes, I know that's the wrong way round, but I figured Hannah doesn't know that yet, and she was agitating for food but the eggy bread wasn't done. Needs must and all that!

It was only last week I was looking forward to all the playgroups starting back so that we could get back into a routine, but now I might regret it - both Hannah and I have got our first colds of the (school) year. Pass the lemsip, somebody, and a cuddle for Hannah while you're about it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where's the next instalment?

Grandad