Tuesday 30 September 2008

I'm liking the whole plate thing

Plates are marvellous, aren't they? They're certainly making the cleaning up operation after meals a lot easier, and Hannah's also got lots tidier at eating too - I'm not sure if that's just coincidence though.

Today for breakfast she had raspberry and pomegranate wheats, followed by a lunch of vegetable fingers and a cream cheese sandwich - lunch was preceded by a dried apricot, since she was shouting for food before it was ready.

For dinner there was pasta with a homemade sauce, and I couldn't believe how much of it Hannah ate. I thought I'd cooked far too much, and only put about 2/3 of it on her plate to start with, but she demolished that lot so I went back for the rest, and most of that got eaten too! She also ate over half of a cox's orange pippin - which I think is the first "natural state" apple I've given her. We don't have them in the house very often (I don't really like them, and I do the shopping!) and in the past I've steamed them for her slightly. But she got on really well with it, so I may have to add them to the shopping list from now on!

We were out for lunch after playgroup yesterday, here's a pic of Hannah and Jack looking for seconds from the bits they'd thrown on the floor:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Hannah hungry yet?